10/14/2009

DAILY ROUTINES



As a kindergarten teacher I know (very well!)the importance of attention span and varying your activities. (It is variable and range from only 3 to 5 minutes per year of age in young children.)In a fourty-minute lesson you should at least have five or six different activities to keep your kids attached. Considering this, I always include as many games, songs, rhymes and stories related to the topic as I can. But the thing I never change is the daily routines in my lessons. Once I go into the classroom, I greet my kids with a song and then we sing and dance about what the weather is like, what the month, day, season it is. And we do all these routines in the same order. Surprisingly they never get bored and moreover they enjoy every second of it. Above you see a picture of my 5-year-olds laying down after doing the days of the week routine and singing Jack Johnson's (You do remember "Curious George, don't you?)" Lullaby" and resting... http://www.jackjohnsonmusic.com/

2 comments:

Patrick Jackson on October 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM said...

This is exactly how a kids' class should be.

Variety+routine+pace+fun+movement+music

Your students are lucky to have you and I'm sure you get great results.

Ms. Esra on October 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM said...

Thank you for your comments. Yes, you are right. I get really great results in a very short time. They build a lot of new things out of the daily routines and I enjoy every bit of what they do:)

Post a Comment